So when Kristi, one of the news editors, says her margaritas will knock you on your ass, she's serious.
Kristi had a tailgate at her house before the game yesterday and had massive amounts of BBQ and homemade margaritas. Her place is gorgeous--the second floor of a house with hardwood floors and comfy furniture and perfect paintings on the walls. A few of the other newspaper people stopped by (I'd like to see them every day, but I'm pretty sure they don't want to see me all the time) and it was just fun. I had 5 margaritas by the end of the night, including the one I took with me in a plastic cup up to the newsroom to geta media pass.
I can hold my alcohol very, very well, and have never once been drunk. But I can assure everyone that there is a first time for everything, and last night was it.
Thankfully Maureen, my best friend, and Jackie were going to the game with me, so they kept an eye on me. The biggest problem was balance. I'm so glad I wore flipflops instead of something that I couldn't've walked in. I saw my sister in the band, talked to her a few times (a moment of silence for her fish, who passed away Friday), saw Angela and her sonograms, and I don't think I saw anyone else I knew. That's probably a good thing. I knew enough not to go to the press box when I couldn't walk a straight line, so I missed out on the fun up there.
I don't think I was too stupid. Or at least I hope I wasn't. I came home around 9 or so and went to bed. I woke up at 3am and was ready to go--refreshed, sober, in the mood to have some friends around and watch a movie or something. My roommate was gone, though, so I had a bottle of water from the vending machine, a little bit of Cadbury, and read my Newsweek for about an hour and a half before going back to bed.
This morning I don't feel a thing. I'm up and ready for Mass and there's no headache, no piercings or tattoos I don't know about, no black eyes from getting thrown out of the game by the police, so I guess the night went all right. I'll find out at soon as I talk to my friends. I've got to prepare myself for that one. Maybe a margarita would help bolster my confidence . . . *grin*
Sunday, September 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment