Sunday, September 12, 2004

More Than A Feeling

No, I won't break out and sing the Boston song for you, but I would like to savour the week. I was in Mass today and feeling even more optimistic than usual--they had the full choir again, and that always makes me feel good. I'm sure you've heard it said before that prayer isn't just words, it's a feeling . . . it's that way for me more than anything else. Like this week:

Sitting around with friends and just feeling that calm, content warmth that comes from good company.

After being shocked and frightened, seeing that everything can still turn out ok if you work hard enough.

A three day weekend. (Trust me, this was a major prayer of thanksgiving.)

Just leaning against Topper and closing your eyes and knowing you make him feel safe and he does the same for you.

A really thunderous hymn, hundreds of years old, that shows some things don't change.

Driving along when the light from a low sun hits all the grass and makes it glow.

Knowing there's always a best friend who will take care of you even when you make silly mistakes.

Making silly mistakes and then learning from them.

And knowing that tomorrow is another chance to try it all again.

1 comment:

Dork Reporter said...

Did I really spell it that way? I didn't even see. I had to go back and look. Things just slip out every once in a while. I'm pretty sure that's not AP style . . .