Thursday, September 23, 2004

No, This Time I Really Did Fall

Yeah, so that was at once the highlight/downside of my week. Tuesday m orning I got up nice and early to go ride. Right away when I took Topper out of his paddock he was acting stupid, and he pinned my arm against the edge of his steel feeder before I even got him out to the arena. I think I was mounted for about 30 seconds before he had a giant spook, jumped out from under me, and left me hanging in the air. As per usual, I landed on my back and was up before he'd even gotten two steps away. I guess the guy just needed to run. After I caught him (imagine all that sand in your clothes) I untacked him and just let him run. He was really good after that.

Tuesday night and Wednesday were brutal, but now I'm feeling good. Still a bit sore, but no more popping Tylenol every few hours. I don't recover as easily as I did when I was 12, but that's ok. I guess I had to grow up sooner or later.

At least it was something exciting that happened this week.

The rest of the week hasn't been that exciting, but that's just fine. I've gotten schoolwork done, gotten the paper squared away, and even took naps. (Granted, they were drug induced, but that's ok.) I even took Noel to work with me Monday. He's looking especially happy lately. Just like me.

1 comment:

Dork Reporter said...

Speaking of what's up soon . . . don't you have a birthday? Let me know about that, and an address. I got a craving for some instant potatoes and thought of you the other day.

Georgia is still good to me. I called Emergy at Ole Miss to get Noel's number at Southern Miss cos we fired our track coach and heard some rumours. Georgia will be even better to me when it gets me to Ohio.

Some day I'm either going to have a bunch of kids or a bunch of cats named Vernacular, Slang, Synonym, Quotation, and Entymology, just for good measure. Right now I'm leaning toward cats. It's the only thing I can afford on a college budget.