Went out to Billy Bob's last night--the biggest honky-tonk in the world, just a few miles from campus. It's so Fort Worth. I went with the guys, not knowing that this was a band thing, so it was me and mostly (young) band people. Some people I knew were there, and I did have fun, but the crowd wasn't even half as large as usual. Next week Maureen will be back and we can go and it will be full again. It was my first night out partying since Georgia.
And all the way back I thought about how nice it would be if Georgia were here.
Dr. Inman really did a job on my back this morning. I regret my fall back in January more than I ever regretted my fall after my freshman year, when I broke an arm, sprained and ankle, and couldn't ride all summer. Right now is just an annoyance. And it looks like it may be semi-permanent. As long as Dr. Inman keeps writing those presciptions, I'll be juuuuust fine . . .
Friday, August 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have lonely thoughts of people who are fun and understanding and are also grammar geeks and know the difference between "good" and "well." As much as I love my posse here, I am the only one who ever uses the word "shall" and "whom." Alas! Georgia, Georgia, wish you were here. . . All of you.
Post a Comment