So all day I've had that stupid "we're going to the chapel and we're going to get maaaaaaarried" song stuck in my head. It's not a bad song or anything, it's just so sweet and sugarcoated that it gets wearing after 4 or 5 repetitions.
My goals for today were as follows:
-have a good ride with Topper
-look awesome for the wedding
-not get lost on the way there
-not trip and kill myself in my shoes
-not cry during the whole shebang
-get all the free drinks possible and dance
Topper was good this morning, especially for his second time out. I came home looking a mess but cleaned up to the nines. I figured why not? I got directions ahead of time, didn't once trip, didn't cry at all, drank the wine and champagne, and then left before they cut the cake.
It was a pretty wedding--goodness only knows how much they paid for it. It made me wonder why they don't spend the cash on something else, like buying matching giraffes. It was elegant and beautiful weather and not an over abundance of roses (red roses suck; yellow and peach ones are so nice and cheerful and almost live up to my favorite flower of all, daffodils). Overall it was surreal, though--I knew only a few people, and I just felt out of place more than anything. I was surprised I'd even got invited, and now I think perhaps I should've just declined the whole thing.
Nothing about it was bad, mind you. It wasn't. It just wasn't the riot I thought it was going to be. I think I want to serve drinks before my ceremony, get everyone feeling good, and then go from there. It will just be more fun if someone is drunk during the solemn stuff.
There were only about 7 guys there anywhere close to my age, and all of them stayed firmly planted in their seats and didn't even look interested in dancing, so I left. Who does dancing before the cake, anyhow? You serve them drinks before, get the wedding done, then give them more drinks, some food, some cake, then let them choose to go or boogie down.
So needless to say, I didn't get my boogie down on. I also couldn't figure out my camera. The flash baffled me. So there's no documentation anywhere of how good I looked. Nuts.
And Erin pointed out a huge mistake yesterday in my wording--eye makeup can never be overdone, she's right. But the powder and foundation can definitely be over done. There's nothing sadder than melting bridesmaids when it's actually gorgeous and cool outside.
I think I'm going to break into my case of cider, wish better luck to those others at weddings today, and just be a bit remorseful they didn't buy giraffes. That would've been a great party.
Saturday, August 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment