Friday, August 13, 2004

Home Sweet Home

My dorm room is slowly but surely starting to look like it belongs to me again. I've decided to make my bed high without lofting it, so I can fit my chest of drawers and tack trunk under it, and my closet door will be permanently open so I can have easy access to my shoes at all times. Tonight I hung up my "Shakespeare and the Art of Insults" poster (including such favorites as "Were I like thee I'd throw away myself" and "Would thou wert clean enough to spit upon!") and my dry erase board. Tomorrow I'd like to get up my James Dean poster, my black and white London photo collection, and my anatomy paintings from the summer. Oasis will, as per usual, hang on the ceiling above my bed. Now I just need to find somewhere to hang my mixed media pieces--somewhere low enough that they can be contemplated, as they will be someday when they are in a museum. (You can never say I'm not a dreamer, at any rate.)

Noel has a nice clean tank and he's looking much happier, albeit still knackered. He sits on the bottom a lot and stares at me. I keep hoping he'll eat, but he doesn't. He's big enough I figure he can live for at least another week without food and without me having to worry.

Tomorrow I've got a wedding to go to--some friends from the church youth group I helped out with some. I'm so glad I didn't get involved with it again. As much as I love the kids, dealing with all the other college students was wearing. But anyhow, the wedding has got me seriously freaked out. Everyone I know who is going is going with someone. I'm not. I wish there were someone I could have snagged to take along just for fun, just a friend who can keep me company would be great, but no one is back in town yet. My parents love to tell me how they were engaged by the time they were my age. I like to point out that it's hard to find good guys at a school that is predominately women.

But I've got an awesome outfit ready, and I'll look sexy as hell, just in case. You can never be too prepared, you can only wear too much make-up.

I think I'll sleep better tonight knowing there's a few things hanging on my walls. White walls are too blank to wake up to.

No comments: