
Some random things for the day before I jet outta here at 5:00 on the dot:
I need to eat more tacos off Hemphill. I went to this place near Seminary today, and it was amazing. Andrew, who has a similar love for tacos and especially waitresses who bring him tacos, came along with some other friends and we did a leisurely lunch at a new place today, El Mil Tacos. He saw a review in the Fort Worth Weekly and we gave it a whirl and it definitely did not let us down. Better yet, it cost $6 to have four tacos, chips and salsa and a can of soda. Significantly cheaper than the sushi we've been eating the past few weeks. Last summer we did weekly tacos, and I don't remember why we ever stopped, but I hope we can get back into this regularly.
Also, TCU kicked the shit out of BYU last night, in addition to the Sox winning. Happy sports times! Photo above courtesy SomeECards.com, which has fantastic stuff. Much better than the first generation of e-cards, which all had bad flash animation and annoying sound effects. Remember that stuff? From back in middle school and high school? That stuff was painful.
Today I went to this presentation thing by a doctor who directs this breast cancer center at a local cancer center. It was for this story I'm working on, and I did my due diligence and called around to all the other hospitals and cancer centers to see if they had any doctors who did similar presentations. A PR person for another hospital called me back and said, Why, yes, this doctor does it--and it was the same doctor I'd already talked to. That sometimes drives me nuts with the medical community. The same doctor who's a faculty member at the college can be a division director at a local hospital, or a program head at a hospital can be a partner in a practice and all sorts of things. Half of them have about 3 affiliations and 10 titles. It just seems awfully complicated to be a physician. Geez. And speaking of being a doctor, I've decided putting off classes until I have money. Even with community college prices, I'm spending way too much on student loans to be able to blow a few hundred dollars on classes. I guess my potential future career depends on the success of my current one, and when I make enough as a journalist then I can pay to get out of the industry. It sounds as though I'm screwed, doesn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment