I don't know how people can do it frequently. Last time I had anything to drink was in Nashville with Miss Erin, but last night I had more than I did at any point while in Tennessee. There's much better ways I can spend my money and time. Like spending weekend nights in bothering about online. Just like now. It's sorta nice. I like being able to sort through my thoughts. I like hearing everything pinging around in my head and just randomly go through things without being hurried or distracted.
And speaking of my mind, I took this test online, and here are the results:
| Disorder | Rating |
| Paranoid: | Low |
| Schizoid: | Low |
| Schizotypal: | Moderate |
| Antisocial: | Low |
| Borderline: | Low |
| Histrionic: | Low |
| Narcissistic: | Moderate |
| Avoidant: | Low |
| Dependent: | Low |
| Obsessive-Compulsive: | Moderate |
|
-- Personality Disorder Test - Take It! -- | |
Nothing I didn't already know. I think my blog entries all speak for the schizotypal tendencies ( one of the trademarks is "odd thinking and speech, e.g., vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, overelaborate, or stereotyped"), my extreme ego ("confidence") the second, and the sorting of my Skittles and avoiding sidewalk cracks if I've got the time and effort the third. But I'm also way happier than most people I know.
Despite last night's expedition, I had the time and effort to go to the football game today. We won--I was yelling at the team to get 50 points, and we were getting close. The most amazing play of the season was Quincy Butler's interception and 99-yard run to a touchdown. Be-utiful. The sky opened up and started raining again (dammit!) and so we were all wet and cold but still out there. That's what it's all about.
And now here I am. It's still raining out, so the arena is (I'm sure) flooded and it's not worth going to the barn. Poor Topper . . . I rode him twice this week, that's it, and I can tell he wants out and he wants to run. He nearly killed me Thursday. It was fun. I love how precarious everything feels when he's bad. Well, he wasn't bad, he just needed out. With any luck the rain will clear out tonight.
Well, it's flooding down in Texas, all of the telephone lines are down. . .
Well, dark clouds rolling in, man, and I'm standing out in the rain . . .
Well, flood water keeps rolling, it's about to drive poor me insane . . .
Well, I'm leaving you, baby; Lord, I'm going back home to stay . . .
Well, back home are no floods and tornadoes, baby--the sun shines every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment