Friday, October 22, 2004

Warm and Fuzzy?

Texas weather is driving me nuts. I went out to ride Topper this afternoon, and the poor guy already has half his winter coat. I was sweating by the time I was done tacking him, and by the end of our 45 minute ride his hair was curly with sweat. This is absurd. I am getting the heck outta the South as soon as I graduate.

Not to say I won't ever end up back here . . . I have to admit, I always end up back in places I used to be. Alabama, England, New Mexico, Texas . . . it all comes back around, it seems. But I need to add some more new places so I have more places to go back to.

When I was done with my ride, sticky and gross and covered in dust and tromping back to the barn with my sleeves rolled up and Topper ambling behind me, I wished I was where I was two weeks ago on a Thursday night when things were much cooler and felt a lot better.

Tonight I saw Maureen off on her date with Sean. It just really put me in such a good mood, because I would do anything for her, and taking off work to go hang with her is something I would gladly do for her. She still hasn't told me how everything went, but tomorrow night I have a date with her and we're going to see the family exhibition by the ballet department and then going to watch Love, Actually. I know it's a sorta Christmasy movie and everything, but I'm in the holiday spirit. Look at what we have coming up--Halloween, Election, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's . . .

I'm damn excited. The future holds fun stuff. It always does . . . now if only I can contain myself long enough for it to get here. But we all know how easily amused I am, so every day is great and I welcome the chance to enjoy myself.

"Can you hear what I can hear? It's the sound of a brand new day."

No comments: