Saturday, October 23, 2004

To Keep Drew and Dan Happy

I am making this entry because Drew and Dan told me to. The three of us plus Tyler were on our way to see Team America: World Police and Drew said he'd read this thing and wasn't mentioned nearly enough. Given the amount of entertainment he provides me, yeah, he probably doesn't, and given the amount of grief Dan gives me, yeah, he's not mentioned at all, I don't think. So there you go. The guys are great.

And speaking of great guys, I'm getting a little concerned about Topper. The weather is still warm but he has a winter coat and he's just not holding any weight, which makes me worry. If I can see his ribs through his coat, there's a problem. But I can't give him any more food . . . I'm going to have to play with what he's being fed, instead. Friday morning when I was done riding I left him in his stall to finish his hay before I turned him out and went to go pet on the kitten for a while, since she's grown into such a nice little cat. When he was done he neighed loudly enough for me to hear him in the other barn, so I went back to get him. I love the way he gets lonely without me. It's nice to know all I have to do is be there and he's happier.

Same with Noel. I swear to goodness he's grown even bigger. I had no idea a beta could grow to be such a monster of a fish.

And one last time on the topic of guys, I wish Adam could see our football games here. We were cruising around trying to find a parking space and almost running over so many people in purple . . . and those damn people in red from Houston (go HOME, we don't want you here!). But it's just so different here. All the sorority girls are prancing around in their heels and jean miniskirts and cut up purple T-shirts . . . it's goofy. It really is. It can't even compare to anything else because it's so different and I still love it. I love the little kids in their tiny jerseys and the frat boys in their nasty old hats and the old women in their purple Keds. I gotta get the guy down to Texas. It's like a whole other country. And Texas is sexy, besides. I complain about it and gripe and whine but deep down I do love it.

Homecoming today, and I'm walking out the door to the game. Love it!

No comments: