Thursday, October 14, 2004

Debating What To Do

Watching the debates gives me headaches. I will be so, so glad when this whole election thing is over. Doesn't it seem as though it's been going on forever? On top of that, I just don't feel like I can concentrate these days. I've got so much to do . . . for example, before the end of the semester, I've got:

-An honors departmental project to do to see if I can graduate with honors
-The GRE to take
-T-shirts for the Skiff to get done (102 years old and still putting out four times a week)
-Applications for grad school
-Applications for Hearst prizes, along with various others (always worth a try)
-Get Topper up to speed on jumping
-Save money for travel--I need to get to MIT over Christmas break on top of other travel plans
-Finish writing the next great American novel
-Send it in to the literary agent
-Take apart those 3 computers waiting in my room for art projects
-Get rid of the film in my camera so I can do my next b&w essay
-Another application for EIC for the spring for the paper (I'm crazy, I realize, but I love it)
-Do my class work, and do it well

So that's just a bit of stuff to take care of before winter break. It's almost a bit overwhelming. It's also not worrying me, because I just can't work up the effort to worry. I like just laying back and watching things happen and jumping in for mad flurries of activity and then backing off and laughing at everything. Things really are beautiful.

Maybe I just want to fly
I want to live I don't want to die
Maybe I just want to breathe
Maybe I just don't believe
Maybe you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever

No comments: