I may throw some random pictures up here later this evening, but I thought I'd share photo links for everyone who hasn't already seen them on Facebook.
These are some photos of the city and of the California Academy of the Sciences, including the damning photo of a giant puddle in the middle of the floor. I'm hoping that the Academy will pay me an exorbitant amount of money to get me to take them down. I would, and then I'd send the photos out to everyone I knew.
Here are super touristy photos, including lots of scenic views of boats, seals, trees, water, and a giant bridge that kept getting in the way of my view of the sky.
The final album are an assortment of people dressed up for Halloween.
There are cupcakes in every single album. I'm considering seeking professional help for this.
Also, can I sing the praises of film cameras? Digital cameras are good when you need to be assured of a great photo, because you have instant gratification, but film has that element of surprise which makes it fun to work with. I have a bunch of rolls from the cyclocross race on Monday night which I'll probably post this evening, so expect more links tomorrow.
For the past year and a half or so I've been kicking around the idea of starting a science/health blog. I'd post links to breaking news or interesting information, ask a bunch of questions, maybe just spur people to think about the topic for a moment. I do have a day job that dovetails into this, sort of, but I probably wouldn't have the time to post a ton of in-depth analyses. It sounds alluring. It sounds alluring because, frankly, I'd like to morph into Carl Zimmer, and I'd very much like his day job.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment