Most of the things I've stressed out about this summer have been related to A) my checkbook and B) my credit card. I'm not a fan of this whole thing. Not that I've ever just spent money all over the place, but having to pass up on something I want at a grocery store is ridiculous. They're just peaches, for goodness' sake. Or having to bum food off my sister because she has a paying job (had, I guess, since she quit). It's ridiculous. I'm going to max out my credit card probably before school even starts, and my parents have been giving me money.
I broke my phone yesterday. More specifically, Topper broke my phone. I was talking on it and he swung his big head around and cracked it right out of my hand in two pieces. It made me very sad, because that's one more thing I have to pay for, and on the other hand I was glad to be rid of the damn thing because I hate flip phones. My two wonderful ringtones are also gone, though. Bummer. Dan got a new phone and I got his old one, which is study and NOT a flip phone, so at least that's good.
My car has required stuff too, which is money from my parents which makes me feel guilty. The battery died, then had to get the trunk fixed before heading back up to wet Boston, and then it's gotta get a full check-up before leaving to cross the country again. Moving is expensive. Hotels and gas and food. And the tolls. I spend like $20 on tolls. And I decided to take my car up to school, so I have to ship up a lot of the stuff I brought back in order to fit my bike in the car.
I picked a fight yesterday with Dan over $8. It's pitiful. I hate it. And I can't figure out my financial aid bullshit. I'm going to have to call the school tomorrow.
This isn't meant to sound like a big gripefest. Things have been good. The weather has been below 100 now, and I can ride Topper. He loves it, and so do I. My sister is also in a new apartment that's very cool, and I could probably move in there when I come back if I need to. It would save money--that's for sure, and goodness knows I'll have to do that. Dan and I will be heading north soon and then I can find a second job. I will be the only intern (count: ONLY) with a cover story from this summer. That will be badass. Dan gets some obscure soap opera channel, so I can watch Beverly Hills 90210. I was never allowed to watch it the first time around, so this is very funny and amusing in a weird way.
I will be glad to get my loans, get some money, pay off my credit card and bike (that's almost as much as another maxed-out credit card) and start saving again. This whole spending thing isn't my style.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment