So you know that whole cliche of "Only time will tell"? That's what I've been thinking of for the past few weeks because I wasn't sure how I'd be doing by the time stuff ended at school for the semester. But my video group got our documentary on bacteria that breathe uranium done (funky-fresh) and today I got most of my radio documentary on Dumpster diving situated, ready to be finalized and polished Monday. Tonight (or maybe tomorrow, I'm feeling sort of lazy) I'll do my last news article, and then Wednesday I'll finish my feature article about hurricanes and their effects on nature.
Tuesday night I left at 8:30 p.m. and returned Wednesday morning at 4:30 a.m. for my Dumpster diving stuff. It was fucking freezing outside, and I ran out of batteries and tape, but I still had a rocking good time (I think this is the story to define this semester for me). Just ask me about it and how cool it was.
I was dead tired for my 9:30 class on Wednesday, needless to say, after 3 hours of sleep, and after class we had to tidy our film documentary and then head out to Gino's. Since he's an actual big-time producer, he had a nice place outside the city with a gorgeous little studio. I want a writing-slash-art studio like that some day. But our film got a pretty good reception, and afterward we got to see a bit of the major documentary Gino's been working on. It'll be pretty nifty when it comes out.
Thursday morning our radio professor showed up, bitched us out for not having our stuff done (she's KNOWN this for weeks, that our stuff would be late) and then cancelled class. I figured I'd take a nap on the department couch and then get to work on other stuff, but I fell asleep for three hours. I gave up and went home and got some work done there and had pizza with Chelsea and then did internship applications.
On Friday I did more internship stuff and stuff for my news article. And then today, Saturday, I was supposed to work from 8 to 3, and I ended up calling and telling them I couldn't go in. I had found out that they were shutting down the school at 4, and I needed to do my radio stuff. It was also supposed to be my last day of work, and I could tell from the phone that I majorly pissed off the manager. Does it make me a horrible person to call out on my last day of work? I suck at being a normal employee.
So my Saturday was spent at school. I'm in this time warp; it's hard to believe it's the weekend because it doesn't seem like it. But most of my radio stuff is sort of okay. If I get out of class early Monday and have a few hours between that and when our class got rescheduled to meet, I'll be fine.
Right now I should be doing laundry, but I'm not. I should be cleaning, but I'm not. Maybe I should be packing, or writing my news article, but I'm not. I'm in bed with my computer on my lap and thinking about going to sleep at 10 on a Saturday night. Rock on, baby, rock on, rock on.
Only time will tell . . . but now I think I can survive this pretty well.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment