Monday night I flew into the Tampa airport, my first time in Florida since right after my freshman year. Back then, I'd been out of school for about two weeks and my friend Christine from TCU drove to Alabama, where we were living, and she and I drove down to Fort Walton Beach in north Floriday for the day. We got THE WORST sunburns ever. Ever. Seriously. I fell asleep on my stomach, and thank god my ass didn't get burned, but I couldn't sit except on the edge of chairs for a few weeks. It blistered the back of my legs. Just when I recovered from that, I shattered my arm falling off a horse and was in a splint for months. Altogether, the sunburn involved more pain.
Bu yeah, I'm back in Florida. It's 75 degrees right now. I went out to practise my lacrosse skills so Dan doesn't kill me on the practise field, and it was hot and sunny and I was in a tanktop and rolled-up jeans and still hot. My goal is to get a little bit of a tan out there on the raquetball court. It would be fantabulous.
Tuesday I slept till noon, lounged around the house with the cat, went out for a walk, and spent the evening with my parents. Yesterday I got up and started some work on my final project, my feature about nature and hurricanes for my magazine writing class with Doug. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon, and that took way longer than I expected, so I had to rush to finish my feature. It got sent it at deadline, but I'm not happy with it. I don't think it's nearly as good as it could be.
Which is disturbing. I thought I wanted to be a science magazine writer, but I have zero aptitude for magazine writing. Doug talks about the differences between a notion and an idea, and all my story pitches fell flat, except the last one, and this is the topic I least wanted to write about. But what can you do? At least I still largely whupped everyone else's ass in the newswriting class.
I like the XM radio commercial where Snoop's bling gets ripped by David Bowie.
I also like being here with my parents, but Florida is not home. I love my parents so, so much, and I'm so grateful to them for everything they give me, but my life is not here anymore. My life is in Boston, with Megan and school and my schoolmates, and my life is in Fort Worth, with my sister and friends and school and Topper and Dan. With my teeth pretty feeling again and my mouth all fresh and all of me feeling showered and unstressed and relaxed and cute again, I'm so ready to kiss him and have him around all the time again.
Don't get me wrong, I liked kissing Miss Erin Steen last New Year's, but now that she's engaged in Wisconsin, I dunno if I could arrange that again. I think Dan will make a good substitute, though. =c)
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment