This winter has been abnormally warm here, and there's been a definite lack of precipitation. (This is not a complaint.) Last winter they had blizzards and horrible weather and the whole shebang, and somehow we have yet to get out of fall weather. I like this.
Last night I went out for sushi for the first time ever with everyone from school. It was in the 40s or so, which was wonderful, and it was almost enough to get rid of all the dirty black and grey snow. The nine of us racked up a $242 bill on sushi, and then went to Boston Beer Works, across from Yawkey Way, and I had a Fenway Pale Ale just because of the name.
I caught the T home and got off with a truckload of very drunk people. Watching them try to navigate escalators was kinda funny. At home Dan called and wanted to know why I said I hated Boston. (I'd had up an away message saying something like, Today is kind of sunny and warm and niceish, and all I can think about is that I hate Boston because it's still all concrete.) I'd been feeling up and down like a rollercoaster all day, and that just made me feel horrible, sitting there on the phone.
Can you help it if you don't like a place? Hate is a strong word; I don't hate Boston. I don't even dislike it, really . . . I just don't like it nearly as much as other places.
I think Dan is still surprised every time I get homesick.
The sushi was largely ok, but I'm not sure it's something I'd ever crave. I woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach feeling really, really bad.
I'm generally moody and discontent. School is fine, and I'm working hard at not procrastinating too much and putting a lot of time into the gym. But when I get to the apartment, I don't want to be here. It feels stale. If I leave and go elsewhere, I feel as though I'm just avoiding something.
Megan comes home on Tuesday, and I'm so glad.
And there's a ticket back to Fort Worth for two weeks from now, for which I'm even more glad.
Things will be better. Things aren't bad. It's just me.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment