Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dirty Jobs

Dan got offered a semi-editorial spot for the sports department of a Star-T owned paper.

Emily got offered a reporting job out in California.

Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel is perpetually entertaining.

And I'm still worried about internships for the summer. If I don't get the Star-T or Newsweek internship, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't want to work for a magazine or a corporation or lab or institution. But I will if I have to. I just don't want to be forced into a position where I have to apply to something like that.

A woman on the street asked me for spare change. I gave her all the single bills I had in my wallet, and when I was inside the store picking up dinner, I realized I should have asked her if she wanted anything to eat. I told myself that if she were still there when I got out, I'd buy her dinner too. But she was gone.

I think this semester I'm going to try to buy a homeless person food if they ask me for change. I know there's some out there who would rather just have the cash, in which case I'll give it to them if I have it (I have to admit today was a fluke that I actually had money), but I figure it's worth a try.

Besides, it should be interesting.

I need something to distract me from schoolwork and how much I miss being home.

No comments: