Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Please Get A Dress Code

I really shouldn't be doing this right now. It's 10:30 at night, I got home an hour ago from a day at school, and I really ought to be writing the two briefs due for class at 9. I've finished my interviews and I need to get cracking on the writing and whatnot, but I just can't work up the umph to get on it. School has definitely started again; can you tell?

Plus, I'm going home in a little more than a week and spend all my spare time imagining how great it will be. I'm excited at the prospect of not sleeping alone on a stupid air mattress for a few nights and seeing people that I don't have to explain everything too. That's the thing with new people: you have to explain EVERYTHING. It's tiring. At least at home I only have to explain the past six weeks or so.

My days are long because I spend them at school, in class and in the gym. Class is class--although I think my radio broadcast class will be tons of fun. I feel great, walking around with this equipment and listening to everything. It's nice to focus on sound instead of images.

The gym has a kick-ass rock wall, and I'm establishing myself there. But the rest of the gym gives me mixed feelings. I feel good because I'm like hey, I'm doing something good, yay me for working out . . . but then there's no dress code, so there's girls walking around in nonexistant shorts and bras and then I'm like, well, shit, no matter what I do here, it's not going to help. Plus, these girls are all really obnoxiously fake tanned, just like in Texas. It's just you can see more of it here, and it's depressing. The thing keeping me up is I have a way better upper body than them from the rock wall. So there. Keep your asses in your shorts, please.

I feel better about classes. I'm the baby. Three of the ten of us just graduated, but I didn't get a science degree (the other two did). The third semester guys like giving me a hard time because I'm a dork and talk a lot and am sort of clueless with a lot of science, like chemistry and physics and engineering and technology. (I know a lot more than they think I do. I like it when people underestimate me, though. Sets it up well for me to surprise them.)

I'm so tired. And I need a shower because I'm still covering in climbing chalk. And I still have two stories to do and a whole 14 hours to be at school tomorrow (class from 9:30-12:30, then class at 6pm . . . and seems stupid to spend two hours commuting back and forth so I can go home for the afternoon). And Seinfeld is on, so I'm going to procrastinate a bit that direction.

I can't wait to be watching TV and shooting the shit in Fort Worth.

No comments: