Monday, September 19, 2005

Big Old Jet Airliner

Four more nights until I'm home. Actually, if you count this the way I used to count my school week, it's only two nights. (Don't count today/tonight, because it's already happening, and don't count the one right before something happens, so Wednesday night won't count. That leaves just Monday and Tuesday nights.)

I'm excited. Tomorrow I'm going out shopping so I have stuff to take back. I love being able to come bearing gifts.

This week my writing assignments just involved bringing in story ideas, which is sort of weird. No writing to do? Just come up with three ideas for each of the two classes? Badass. I found some interesting stuff while sorting through the journals down in the periodicals room of the library. That's probably the room where I'll spend the most research time, and it's depressing as all get-out because it's in the basement, low ceilings, bad lighting, sort of dark and dull. It's like being in the dungeon. The perk is there are big couches down there, and people unabashedly nap there, sprawling out and sling an arm over their eyes and just conking out. I fell asleep on the couch in the department lounge earlier this week, and the library couches will keep the third semester guys from coming in and laughing at me when I'm all fuzzy, trying to wake up.

So I don't really have anything to say. I'm just excited. That's enough.

No comments: