Thursday afternoon, 3:38 p.m., and I have hit boredom. Hooray!
This week has been really busy; I've had tons of interviews scheduled, trying to get ahead on work for our holiday deadline schedule and so I don't have too much to take home with me next week when I use up the rest of my vacation days. I've felt anxious a few times at how much stuff stuff stuff has to be done, and I've walked around all week loudly saying, "I had four back-to-back interviews scheduled this afternoon. I'm just so busy!" and "I had to be here at 7:30 this morning to get an interview done! I'm so tired!" It's basically just making myself feel better about the fact that yes, I'm being productive, but that I should probably be this productive ALL the time. Every week should be busy. I should always be working ahead. But I don't, so I pat myself (loudly) on the back when I do.
I'm expecting that I will probably have to take some work home with me next week, but with any luck it won't be too much. I fly out Wednesday late morning and arrive in D.C. around 4 p.m. or so, and Thursday is deadline day, so I'm hoping to get everything done for that week ahead of time. Then I'll have one story for the week of Christmas due by Friday, and I might end up working on that one Thursday at home, but I hope not. I've got all the reporting done for that story, so I hope I can keep myself motivated enough to make the final push here so I can be more relaxed there, but we'll see.
This week it got seriously cold here, with snow in Dallas on Tuesday night (it was just sleet in the Arlington/Mansfield area, where I was at the barn, and I don't know what happened in Fort Worth because it quickly passed). I went out for a long, cold run last night, digging my running tights out and putting some short sweats over them. It felt really, really good, and I'd go out today but I don't have anything with me. I also don't have any barn clothes with me. I think I'm just going to go home, take a nap, read my book, watching TV and go to bed early for my interview tomorrow morning.
I always feel guilty when I go home after work and don't do anything. I feel like I should be at the barn, be running, be seeing someone, but today? Fuck that. I'm rewarding myself for such a hard week.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment