So going home was great, as I'd expected, and coming back was a shock because of classes (ew) and then I got sick. Bad sick, throat sick again; I think I caught Stephen's cancer. I ended up going to Mass General Hospital because a doctor couldn't see me, and then I spent Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in bed.
But now I think I'm recovered, just in time to deal with internship applications for the fall. No one else in the program wants to work in a newsroom, so I'm the only one frantically gathering up clips and cover letters.
I should be working on stuff right now, but I ate Mike's Pizza for dinner and am feeling lazy. Plus, Megan just cooked tofu, and it's such a bizarre smell that I can't concentrate long enough to get anything done.
Trying to find airline tickets to go home for Thanksgiving is giving me a headache. Several headaches, actually. I don't want to stay here in Boston on my own. I would spend the whole weekend crying, I'm sure of it.
Oh my gosh, that tofu smell . . .
My dad and I had a conversation about squirrels the other day. What happens to squirrels in the winter here? Are they warm enough? What happens to the homeless? Am I the only person who worries?
Friday, October 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment