So Sunday I went out jogging, which turned into a 2 hour walk around Cambridge and everywhere here on the north side of the river. Yesterday I did another 2 hour walk, and came home and threw in some leg exercises too. Today I was going to go jogging and limit myself to an hour of being outside, plus some exercises at home, and give myself tomorrow off, but my legs are so sore I had a hard time getting off my air mattress this morning.
I decided after spending a school year in the newsroom and only getting to the gym sporadically, I should take the initiative to get back into a routine to keep myself from getting bored and depressed. And I've heard that BU just redid their gym, and it's awesome (although nothing's as cool as the Rickel), so that should help once it gets too damn cold to be outside.
It's the first day of classes at TCU today, I still have two more weeks of waiting, and I'm feeling a bit disconnected, like I don't have anything to do. (But wait for the UPS guy, who left a note saying he'd try again between 10:30 and 5. Bastard.)
And I've been working, of course, to save up money to fly back to Fort Worth asap. Along this line, the other day someone offered to help me out in buying tickets and whatnot. I don't quite remember when I'd been as flattered and complimented. When someone offers to do something for you because they WANT to, not because they somehow feel they HAVE to, it's remarkable. It made me feel like I should be more humble, for someone to give me something like that.
Isn't it funny how it takes people being nice to us to knock us down a peg and make us watch ourselves more closely? Someone being mean or cruel never does it as well, and always makes you spiteful, too. But when someone's nice . . . well, hell. Nice people rock.
And I think fruit baskets are one of the best inventions ever, so everybody should look at ediblearrangements.com. Mmm. Beautiful.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment