Right now I'd like to suggest that anyone who isn't feeling especially abstract (or drunk) not read this.
And just in case you aren't listening to me and aren't taking me seriously, I've decided to put the other things in comments on my own post. That's pretty damn dorky right there.
But the thing is, like I've been saying recently, fall and winter put me in the mood for blues. I need long, painful guitar solos and sternum-shaking bass lines to growl along to. I want the music to weep of joy and pain.
Blues is the purest form of modern music, in my opinion. It gets down to the nitty gritty and base level of what you are.
Anyway, the other day I had up some lyrics that I had written years ago, and Erin's Adam (sorry, the only way I can think of to distinguish them) made some comment about them. I've decided I'll go ahead and put up some of them, since I've got no other use for them. This way, if you read them and want to give me a band to borrow for a night or two, you can see what I bring to the table.
I really do want to be in a band. That would kick ass.
In the mean time I'll just sing my songs without notes or melody out there into the abyss. It's sorta like singing to yourself.
If you're lucky enough to have a band and crazy enough to give these a whirl, please do. Credit me and let me know how it goes. Give them a good time growl-out.
And be again forewarned, there will probably be more. When you're outside at the barn, on top a horse and under that Texas sky, you've got to sing.
Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
#1 Left By You
Don't tell me you love me
I know it's just a lie
Don't you dare tell me you love me
Because I know that's just a lie
It's the same line I would use on you
If I were the one saying good-bye
Don't walk out the door
After saying those three words
Don't walk out that door
After saying those three little words
That's not the kind of ending
I would have preferred
I'm usually the one to say farewell
I'm usually the one to throw you away
I'm usually the one to wish you well
As I pack my bags to leave the fray . . .
I can't stand it when you're right
And you're the first one to leave
I can't stand it when you're so damn right
And you're the first one to up and leave
Because it should be me who's going
But instead you left me here to grieve
I'm usually the one to say farewell
I'm usually the one to throw you away
I'm usually the one to wish you well
As I pack my bags to leave the fray . . .
#2 You Turned So Cold
Babe you got me so hot and bothered
It's a shame that you turned so cold
You know how bad I wanted you
Because that's what you'd been told
Babe you got me so hot and bothered
But I don't see how good love gets old
Why don't you explain it to me baby
Tell me tell me tell me just one time
I can keep you here right by me
But I can't keep your mind
Yeah, it's wandering
You should turn your head little darlin'
And give your full attention to me
I could never tie you down baby
But my love will set you free
Babe you got me so hot and bothered
How can I turn you back on to me?
Well just explain
Just tell me what's going on
I want to keep your interest
But I"m afraid it's gone
Moved on
Come back babe
#3 Let's Walk Out
I try to pretend
That everything's the same
I try to pretend
That everything's the same
But I know things are changing
And I don't know who's to blame
I can see you're thinking about leaving
And I think the same thing every day
I can see you're thinking of leaving
Because I think the same thing every day
So if tomorrow you walk out the door on me
Then I will not stand in your way
Every minute I spent with you
Was a minute absolutely devine
Every minute I spent with you
Was a minute absolutely sublime
But honey let's both walk out of this
Cos we both know we've done our time
Post a Comment